Feel the aroma of pristine valleys in Punakha, Gangtey, Bumthang & Haa
Day 01 : Arrive Paro (Bhutan) by Flight & drive to Thimphu (55km, approx 1.1/2 hour drive)
- Meeting & assistance on arrival and transfer to Thimphu, the capital town of Bhutan en route visiting Tamchog Lhakhang, by crossing a traditional suspension bridge.
- Drive further, taking a short stop at Chuzom, the confluence of Paro & Thimphu rivers. Three different styles of stupa namely Tibetan, Nepalese and Bhutanese adorn the confluence.
- On arrival in Thimphu, check into the hotel.
- Evening take an exploratory walk around Thimphu city centre.
- Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu. (Altitude 2,320m)
Day 02 : Thimphu
- After breakfast, visit Simply Bhutan, a living museum and studio encapsulating rich cultural heritage of Bhutanese people.
- Then visit Textile Museum for deep insight into one of Bhutan’s most distinctive art form.
- National Library, holding vast collection of ancient Buddhist texts and manuscripts is next in sightseeing schedule. This is followed by visit of Institute of Zorig Chusum or Arts & Crafts School.
- Post lunch, visit Changangkha Lhakhang, the beautiful temple situated on a hillock also providing fascinating view of Thimphu valley.
- Then drive to Kuenselphodrang, to see the largest statue of Buddha in the country.
- Afternoon visit to Memorial Chorten, the stupa built in the memory of Bhutan’s Third King His Majesty Jigme Dorji Wangchuk who is popularly regarded as Father of modern Bhutan.
- Conclude the day with visit of Trashichhoedzong, beautiful medieval fortress / monastery.
- Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 03 : Thimphu / Gangtey (150 km, approx 5 hour drive)
- After breakfast, drive to enchanting Gangtey, en route taking a short stop at Dochula pass (3,080m) that heralds the most enchanting views of Bhutan and also the site of picturesque Druk Wangyal Chortens.
- Drive further to Gangtey, one of the most beautiful spots in Bhutan.
- Afternoon explore Phobjikha valley, which is winter home of black necked cranes that migrate from the arid plains in the north to pass winter in milder and lower climate. Also visit Black Necked Crane Information centre.
- Overnight at the hotel in Gangtey. (Altitude 3,000m)
Day 04 : Gangtey
- Morning visit Gangtey Goenpa, the only Nyingmapa monastery on the western side of the Black Mountains and also the biggest Nyingmapa monastery in Bhutan.
- Later embark on an approximate two hours fascinating walk on Gangtey Nature trail.
- Afternoon visit a traditional farm house and explore the local villages.
- Overnight at the hotel in Gangtey.
Day 05 : Gangtey / Trongsa / Bumthang (153 km, approx 6 hour drive)
- Morning after breakfast, proceed to central region of Bhutan.
- Drive across Pelela pass (3,300m) and stop en route at Chendbji Chorten, the stupa patterned on Swyambhunath in Kathmandu.
- Further ahead, take a short stopover at Trongsa to visit its majestic Dzong.
- Then drive further across Yutongla pass (3,400m) and later stopping at Chumey valley to witness Yathra weaving.
- Overnight at the hotel in Bumthang. (Altitude 2,600m)
Day 06 : Bumthang
- Full day explore mesmerizing Bumthang, the valley that has an individuality to charm its visitors and separate it from the other regions.
- Visit the ancient temples of Jambay Lhakhang, Kurje Lhakhang, Tamshing Lhakhang and Tangbi Goemba.
- Also visit Jakar Dzong, the fortress which is now used as administrative centre of Bumthang valley.
- Overnight at the hotel in Bumthang.
Day 07 : Bumthang / Punakha (210 km, approx 7 hours drive)
- After breakfast, drive to Punakha, the ancient capital town of Bhutan.
- On the way at Trongsa, visit Ta Dzong, a classy museum that represents a tasteful blend of tradition and modernity.
- Evening at leisure in Punakha & Wangduephodrang valleys. Blessed with temperate climate, both valleys offer wonderful experience to its visitors.
- Overnight at the hotel in Punakha. (Altitude 1,300m)
Day 08 : Punakha
- After breakfast, visit magnificent Punakha Dzong, built strategically at the junction of Pho Chhu and Mo Chhu rivers.
- Then a short walking excursion to Chimi Lhakhang, situated on a hillock at the centre of the valley.
- Post lunch, driving excursion to beautiful Talo village.
- Later while returning to the hotel, on the way visit Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Lhakhang (nunnery).
- Overnight at the hotel in Punakha.
Day 09 : Punakha / Haa valley (180 km, approx 6 hours drive)
- After breakfast, drive to exotic Haa valley, opened first time for international tourists in 2002.
- En route visit Simtokha Dzong, the oldest fortress of the country, built in 1627 which now houses the School of Buddhist studies.
- Afternoon visit Lhakhang Karpo (white temple) and Lhakhang Nagpo (black temple).
- Later explore the valley, taking a stroll around centre of the town.
- Overnight at the hotel in Haa valley. (Altitude 2,700m)
Day 10 : Haa valley / Paro (70 km, approx 3 hours drive)
- Breakfast at the hotel and then drive to Paro across Chelela pass (3988m), enjoying majestic views.
- Today’s sightseeing in Paro includes, visit to Ta Dzong (national museum) ; holding fascinating collection of art, relics, religious thangkha paintings and Bhutan’s exquisite postage stamps, Rinpung Dzong ; the fortress which has a long and interesting history, Kyichu Lhakhang ; one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the country.
- Evening explore Paro city centre and local market.
- Overnight at the hotel in Paro. (Altitude 2,280m)
Day 11 : Paro
- After breakfast, excursion to famed Taktsang Monastery or Tiger’s Nest (approx 5 hours round trip walk). It is one of the most famous of Bhutan’s monasteries perched on 900m above Paro valley floor. Legends say that Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery hence it is called Tiger’s Nest’.
- Later in the afternoon visit a traditional farm house to experience Bhutanese rural lifestyle, culture & traditions.
- Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 12 : Depart Paro
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport for flight to onward destination. Our representative will assist you with exit formalities and bid you farewell.