Marvel at the magnificence of Tiger’s Nest in Paro
Day 01 : Arrive Paro (Bhutan) by Flight & transfer to Thimphu (55km, approx 1.1/2 hour drive)
- Meeting & assistance on arrival and transfer to Thimphu, the capital town of Bhutan en route visiting Tamchog Lhakhang, by crossing a traditional suspension bridge.
- Drive further, taking a short stop at Chuzom, the confluence of Paro & Thimphu rivers. Three different styles of stupa namely Tibetan, Nepalese and Bhutanese adorn the confluence.
- On arrival in Thimphu, check into the hotel.
- Evening take an exploratory walk around Thimphu city centre.
- Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu. (Altitude 2,320m)
Day 02 : Thimphu
- After breakfast, visit Simply Bhutan, a living museum and studio encapsulating rich cultural heritage of Bhutanese people.
- Then visit Textile Museum for deep insight into one of Bhutan’s most distinctive art form.
- National Library, holding vast collection of ancient Buddhist texts and manuscripts is next in sightseeing schedule. This is followed by visit of Institute of Zorig Chusum or Arts & Crafts School.
- Post lunch, visit Changangkha Lhakhang, the beautiful temple situated on a hillock also providing fascinating view of Thimphu valley.
- Then drive to Kuenselphodrang, to see the largest statue of Buddha in the country.
- Afternoon visit to Memorial Chorten, the stupa built in the memory of Bhutan’s Third King His Majesty Jigme Dorji Wangchuk who is popularly regarded as Father of modern Bhutan.
- Conclude the day with visit of Trashichhoedzong, beautiful medieval fortress / monastery.
- Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 03 : Thimphu / Paro (55 km, approx 1.1/2 hour drive)
- Morning after breakfast drive to Paro. Five miles from Thimphu, en route visit Simtokha Dzong, the oldest fortress of the country, built in 1627 which now houses the School of Buddhist studies.
- Today’s sightseeing in Paro includes, visit to Ta Dzong (national museum) ; holding fascinating collection of art, relics, religious thangkha paintings and Bhutan’s exquisite postage stamps, Rinpung Dzong ; the fortress which has a long and interesting history, Kyichu Lhakhang ; one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the country.
- Evening explore Paro city centre and local market.
- Overnight at the hotel in Paro. (Altitude 2,280m)
Day 04 : Paro
- After breakfast, excursion to famed Taktsang Monastery or Tiger’s Nest (approx 5 hours round trip walk). It is one of the most famous of Bhutan’s monasteries perched on 900m above Paro valley floor. Legends say that Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery hence it is called Tiger’s Nest’.
- Later in the afternoon visit a traditional farm house to experience Bhutanese rural lifestyle, culture & traditions.
- Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 05 : Depart Paro
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport for flight to onward destination. Our representative will assist you with exit formalities and bid you farewell.